Transfer Students

Joining an Honors Program

Fewer than 60 Credit Hours

You can apply to the Honors College in the NinerScholars Portal.  All applicants will be considered for the University Honors Program in the Honors College, which is open to students with any major.  Additionally, applicants will be considered for the Arts + Architecture Honors Program (AAHP), open to any students with a major in the College of Arts + Architecture, or the Business Honors Program (BHP), open to any students with a major in the College of Business.

For more information about applying to our various programs, please refer to our Honors Programs page. 

More than 60 Credit Hours

Incoming transfer students with 60 or more credit hours or have four or fewer semesters remaining at UNC Charlotte are eligible to apply for one of the 29 departmental or college honors programs.

For a complete listing of honors programs and for more information about applying to each program, please refer to our Honors Programs page.

What if I was involved in honors at another University?

Being involved in honors at another University does not guarantee you a spot in an honors program at UNC Charlotte; however, we encourage you to continue your honors experience and join a program at UNC Charlotte. 

How do I know which credits will transfer to UNC Charlotte?

To learn more about transferring to UNC Charlotte and what credits will transfer visit the Transfers section of the Undergraduate Admissions website. 

Will joining an honors program delay my graduation?

No. Joining an honors program likely will not add a significant burden to your courseload. In many programs, students will complete their honors capstone in an honors section of a required course for the major. In other cases, joining an honors program may add a few additional classes, but honors program directors and academic advisors can help you to find the best way to fit them into your schedule. 

Are there any scholarships available to transfer honors students?

There are several scholarship opportunities available to transfer honors students. Incoming transfers with fewer than 60 credit hours should apply to the Honors College in the NinerScholars Portal. The Martin Scholars Program is available to incoming transfer students of any major who are Pell-eligible and have zero family expected contribution.  Students are required to join an honors program. In addition, the Honors College offers several smaller scholarships that any honors student is eligible to apply for. More information can be found on the Honors College Scholarships page.