While any faculty member at UNC Charlotte can propose a course to teach in the Honors College, only faculty who have taught honors students and/or provided service to honors can be appointed to the Honors Faculty. Honors Faculty are a resource for Honors College students and administrators, and provide faculty governance for honors through their election of Honors Council representatives, and service on Honors College task forces and committees.
Nomination process for Honors Faculty
Each spring, the Honors College invites department chairs to nominate their faculty to the Honors Faculty. Nominations will be reviewed by the Honors Council and the Executive Director. The nomination form is here. Nominations are due April 10th. Appointments begin July 1, and are five-year, renewable terms.
Criteria for Honors Faculty include the following:
- TAUGHT an honors course
- PROVIDED SERVICE to honors in their department, college, or the Honors College
- ADVISED OR MENTORED a thesis/project for an honors student
REAPPOINTMENT process for Honors Faculty
The reappointment form is here. Reappointments are due April 10th. Reappointments begin July 1, and are five-year, renewable terms.
Criteria for reappointment to Honors Faculty include the following:
- CONTINUE teaching honors courses
- CONTINUE to provide service to honors in their department, college, or the Honors College
- CONTINUE to advise or mentor a thesis/project for an honors student