To obtain a degree with Honors in Spanish, a student will:
- Complete at least 3 hours of Senior Honors Thesis (SPAN 4700). The thesis can be written in English or Spanish. The student will prepare a description of the proposed Honors research for submission to the Spanish Honors Committee, which has the authority to approve, amend, or reject the proposal. The student must also submit the proposal along with the “Application for Admission to Candidacy” to the Honors College, which has the authority to approve, amend, or reject candidacy.
- Prepare an Honors thesis based on independent Honors research.
- Successfully defend the thesis before a committee consisting of a thesis adviser chosen by the student in consultation with the Director of the Honors Program in Spanish plus two additional faculty members.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 for all work in Spanish at UNCC, have a GPA of at least 3.0 for all UNCC course work, and receive the grade of "A" for at least 3 hours of Senior Honors Thesis.
- Complete an additional 6 hours by having a 6 hour or longer study abroad experience or a professional internship experience of 6 hours (SPAN 4410) or both a 3 hour study abroad and an 3 hour internship experience.
- Study another language at least through 2202 (the end of the Intermediate level).